The partnership between Lancashire Cricket and Lancashire County Council will provide new professional standard facilities, which would be used by the club for competitive matches and training, and also offer a valuable asset for the local community to use. The proposals include:
- New high-quality cricket facilities in the form of two full-sized pitches with natural sloping terraces. Cricket training nets will also be installed.
- A single pavilion building will support both pitches, providing changing rooms, a gym and hospitality outlets.
- Cycle and car parking will also be provided. The site is easily accessible by public transport.
- The new ground will be Lancashire Cricket’s second ground and will encourage sport, fun, participation, health, wellbeing and activity in a safe and managed environment. The Club will continue to use the out grounds elsewhere in the North West for competitive matches as they do at present.
- The second pitch will be used for matches and training for Lancashire Cricket, but also extensively utilised as a facility that can be used by the community (schools and cricket clubs, etc) throughout the year.
- The proposed uses on the site are designed to minimise impacts on neighbouring residents and the local community, whilst providing new opportunities and preserving the nature of the Green Belt setting.
Find out more here: Lancashire Cricket Club – Lancashire County Council